Saturday, September 27, 2014

Hearts in a Cup

 

    Hearts in a Cup  by Pre-K and Kinder- kiddos



A mixed media work of art on 6x6 canvas panel.
For some unknown reason I always start may class projects with a
 stack-able mix media art project.
The kids really enjoyed this.
I pre-cut all pieces like a kit. I know .. you must think I have a lot of time on my hands. 

My inspiration for this project is hanging in my kitchen.
A very good friend and talented neighbor, Pamela Holderman produces
 the most wonderful mix media art. A must see!



My Inspiration for this project. by Pam Holderman


A few projects from pr-k and kindergarten
 



The kids started by painting the 6x6 canvas board yellow.



Using lids we stamped the yellow background with white paint. 



We set aside our background and decorated our tea cups.
using a round foam paint brush the kids stamped the blue cup.
I had them use the end of their paint brush to make white dots on the green tea cup.





I put  newspaper thru my shredder to make paper shreds for a nest in the tea cup. 
 





We finished by tucking our hearts into the nest. And adding our bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment