Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hoot

Ceramic Owls. Kinder-kiddo's

I used a paper plate to cut round ceramic slabs for my kinder kiddos.

 The kids then scored and folded sides to form the owl wings. 
I had then use plastic forks for scoring.

 Then fold the top to make the head. Pinch and or shape the ears.

 Using a Popsicle stick, I had the kids press the end into the center of the owl to make feather impressions. Then they used a pencil (both ends) to draw any designs on the wings and face.

 I helped them pressed the end of a a dowel  into the clay for the eyes.
After the owls were dry and fired. The kids then painted their owls.

 They glued buttons for the eyes.

 The Kids loved this project! I haven't met a child who doesn't like to work with clay.

e



1 comment:

  1. These are Terrific! I love the colors, textures and buttons!

    ReplyDelete